As we know, MS Outlook is one of the most popular email clients which is used by millions of people over the world to send and receive emails.
MSG file extension is used by Outlook client to store emails. And to open these file extension, you must have MS Outlook installed either on your computer or Android device.
Or you can also use Notepad to open MSG files, but the only problem you may face is that you may not able to see images or other attachments.
So, here in this guide, I will show a brief guide on ‘how to open .MSG files without Outlook client or email account?’
Table of content
How To open .MSG files on Android without Outlook client?
If you have an account on Outlook then you can easily open .MSG file by installing their email client on your android device. And if you have don’t have account then you no need to create an account there, you just need to follow the below tutorial.
1. The first thing you need to do is to download and install, EML Reader FREE.
2. Now Launch the application as usual.
3. Locate your files using built in file manager and then open & read the .MSG files as usual.
How To View .MSG files on Windows 7/8
As I said earlier, you can use notepad to open and view .MSG files but you may not able to see pictures or any other attachments. There are thousands of application available across the web which will help us to parse .MSG files. And in this way, we will do the same,
1. First of all, download and install MSGViewer
Note:- It is a Java webstart application. You cannot directly print the emails, but you can copy and paste all the contents into any other place like MS word. So that you can print it.
2. Download file will be in zip format. So you need to unzip it using winRAR or any other tool.
3. Launch the application as usual.
4. Now you need to drag-n-drop your .MSG file into the application. That’s it.
How To Open & View .MSG Files on Mac
The first thing you need to try is to open the file by using TextEdit. And verify whether the.MSG files are opening with using TextEdit or not. If it does not open, then try the following tutorial.
1. Download and install MailRaider 1.1 free application for Mac.
2. Then launch the application. And then locate your file and open it as usual.
Note:- You can also read your files online. visit here
I don’t recommend the online way if your file is case sensitive.
How To Convert .MSG Files Into PDF Format?
This is a very cool and alternative way beacuse you can easily share your files with your friends over email, WhatsApp or any other mode.
1. First of all, navigate to https://www.coolutils.com/online/MSG-to-PDF
2. You will find there the following options.
3. Now, upload your file and then choose your file format to PDF and then click on ‘Download Converted File.’ That’s it.
I hope the above step by step guide will solve your problem. Just share this article on social networks.