How to root Andy emulator using Andy Rootkit [Android]
Update: If you have the latest Andyroid version (47.x.x), do this instead
Note: As of now, this is the UNOFFICIAL way to root Andy emulator. The developer says that root will come in the near future, and we’ll update you by then with the official method.
- Before starting, download Magisk tarball by clicking here
- Shut Down Andy Emulator
- Expand the size of android_boot_disk.vmdk with VMware Player to at least 16MB.
- Enable ADB Debugging in Andy Options through Andy Launcher
- Boot up Andy emulator
- Transfer the magisk tarball by typing the command adb push magisk.tar.gz /data/local/tmp
- After pushing the magisk tarball, type in adb shell “cd /data/local/tmp; tar -zxf magisk.tar.gz; cd magisk; ./install.sh” include the quotation marks
- Reboot Andy
- Andy should now be rooted!
Do you want to get admin privilege of your android emulator?
After BlueStacks, Andy emulator is one of the most popular Android emulators which lets you install Android apps and games on your computer and laptop like BlueStacks and YouWave. But the most common problem is that you cannot enjoy admin(root user) feature as a normal user. And so you need to root your emulator to take extra advantages.
Recently, I have made a tutorial on ‘How to root BlueStacks using KingRoot (one click method)‘. And today, I will show you how to root andyroid emulator using Andy rootkit for PC.
I hope the above step by step guide will help you to root your andyroid emulator easily and safely. If you are facing any problem then comment below, I will love to answer your question.