HD Video Converter Factory Pro Review
HD Video Converter Factory Pro by WonderFox is a perfect tool for video aficionados and movie buffs alike. Having a lot of videos downloaded or ripped is easy entertainment, but it does have a lot of downsides. One is that your hard drive is almost always filled up to the brim with 4K video and other storage eating files, and another is that you’re struggling to make sure all of your devices can read your video formats (curse my TV for not reading MKV). The solution here is to downscale files (from high resolution to low resolution) to fit into your hard drive, and change its format – that is, you’ll need a video conversion app.
With so many video converters on the market today, it’s difficult to sieve through all of them and find the best one to suit your needs. You’ve got video converters that can downscale only and you’ve got ones that can only convert file formats. Essentially, you can’t easily get the whole package and if you do, there’s most likely a compromise in price, quality or in function. HD Video Converter Factory Pro addressed all of these needs and here’s what we found out while spending time with it:
- Allows video conversion to the most popular formats like MP4 and AVI
- Converts videos directly to the screen size of your device, for Samsung Phones, iPhones and iPads
- No Watermark even for the trial version
- Also converts audio files to and from MP3, WAV, and FLAC among others
- Download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and others
- Very easy to use – just drag, drop and convert
- Progress bar sometimes halts when downloading YouTube videos
- Trial version only allows up to 5 minutes video conversion
- The UI could be better
In a nutshell, you have complete control over the format that your video will be converted to. HD Video Converter Factory Pro does marvels when it comes to converting both small and large files. And for the price of 34.95 for a lifetime copy, you’re definitely getting more than what you’re paying for. When I tried converting a short HD video (~6 minutes, 720p) to the same HD quality in a different format, it took me just about 5 minutes to get it done on my low specs PC – a feat that usually takes 15 minutes with other software. Converting a movie (~2 hours, 4K) took around 10 minutes. So, in terms of being a video converter, it’s amazingly quick and does not make any sacrifices when in exchange. It’s also great that it allows audio conversions as well – to and from the most popular audio formats.
One of the best things that I can praise from this software that all other video converters do is the watermark. There is absolutely no watermark for conversions, even if you’re using the trial version. Though the trial version is limited in terms of the length of the video you’re going to convert, having no pesky watermarks is one great plus for downloading this software. Another awesome feature to note of that makes this program an all in one package is its ability to download from YouTube. Say goodbye to those finicky websites that shoves you with a lot of ads before actually letting you download videos. A downside to this feature, however, is that it sometimes halts out of nowhere and you’ll have to restart the download. Even so, the video download feature is a welcome addition.
It’s fairly easy to use, which we will tackle in a bit, but the UI could use some work. How you will play around with compression settings might slightly confuse some first-time users or video conversion beginners but if you know what you’re doing, you’ll find that it’s actually pretty seamless. Using the video compression settings will basically allow you to lower the file size of the video after conversion and after doing it a couple of times, it became easier and easier to tweak.
Overall, it’s a comprehensive package of features that can make video conversions quick and easy. Five stars all around.
How to use HD Video Factory Converter Pro
Let’s go about the basic functions. Let’s start by downloading a video from YouTube and let’s convert it to a different format.
- Find the video that you want to download and get the URL
- Click on the Download video at the top of the HD Video Converter Factory Pro window
- Paste the URL into the “Add URL” field
- Click on Analyze, and it will identify what quality and format is available
- Select the format that you want to download
- Click on download and wait until it’s done
And with that, you’ve easily downloaded a video in the format of your choosing. Now, what if we wanted to convert that into let’s say, AVI format? It’s pretty straightforward. Let’s jump right into it!
- Select the video you want to convert by putting a checkmark on it
- Click on the “Output Format” button and select the format that you want
- You can tweak the settings by clicking on “Settings”, you can also change compression settings at the bottom of the main window
- Once everything is setup, click on Run
- Your video is now converted!
That’s all there is to it when converting your videos. No frills and no problems at all with the video conversion feature.
My time with HD Video Converter Factory Pro definitely opened a lot of possibilities using this program. Now I can download any video format and be at peace that my hard disk will be able to store it and my devices will be able to read it. It definitely worked out for me and if you’re looking for a one-stop shop for all things video, this might be the software for you.
You can download HD Video Converter Factory Pro from the WonderFox website here.
I hope you found this review of HD Video Converter Factory useful. Have fun and let us know what you think of this software in the comments below!