Create a Facebook Account without Phone Number and Email Address
Facebook is still as popular as ever, being a big player in the social media space and enjoyed by millions all throughout the world. However, the recent Facebook privacy issue is causing hesitation among even its power users. “Should I really be giving my Email Address to Facebook?” Or, “Should I really be giving my Mobile Number to Facebook?” might be some of the questions that you might ask, and we don’t blame you – nobody wants their identity compromised.
But you don’t necessarily need to provide your personal information to create a Facebook account. You can, in fact, create a Facebook account without an Email address at all! That is, you won’t be providing your personal email address. And with Facebook asking for a phone number as an alternative to an email address, there is also a way to create a Facebook account without a mobile number.
There are tricks as to how to do these and here they are:
How to create a Facebook Account without an Email Address
Email addresses. Almost everyone has one. But if in the off-chance that you don’t have an email address or you’re not willing to give your email address out, you can instead create a temporary email address. A temporary email address or disposable email address basically allows you to have an email address for a limited time (10-15 minutes). After the time frame, it will be discarded by the email provider and will inaccessible to you. There are some providers that allow you to make your email permanent, but ten to fifteen minutes is enough to get passed the confirmation sent by Facebook to finalize your Facebook account. Let’s see how we can create a Facebook account without an email address!
- Select one of the many temporary email providers (making one is free, by the way)
- TempMail https://temp-mail.org/en/
- GuerillaMail https://www.guerrillamail.com/
- TempMailAddress https://www.tempmailaddress.com/
- EmailOnDeck https://www.emailondeck.com/
- ThrowAwayMail http://www.throwawaymail.com/en
- Create an email address with them, usually, upon visiting the website it will provide you with an email address straight away. You might also need to click on a button that says “Generate”.
- Use the email address to create a Facebook account. For heightened privacy, you can go on “incognito mode” on your browser.
- After signing up, Facebook will ask you for the code that was sent to your email address. Go back to your temporary email address and you should be able to see the confirmation email.
- Type the confirmation email on Facebook.
- You now created a Facebook account without an email address!
How to create a Facebook Account without a Mobile Number
You can go an alternative route and create a Facebook account without a phone number, but you’ll need to use a disposable phone number. Disposable phone numbers do have the same function as disposable email addresses in that you don’t own these numbers but you can use them to sign up to untrusted websites and receive SMS on them.
Unlike temporary email addresses, where a single email address is yours alone, disposable phone numbers are shared by multiple persons. When using this service, you might see messages coming from other websites that the other users have signed up to. Meaning to say, if the phone number that you’re using has already been used by someone else to sign up for Facebook, you’ll have to look for another one. However, these phone numbers are refreshed every couple of days (or every month) so you can try to beat everyone to the punch once the provider has generated a new set of phone numbers. With that said, let’s see how we can create a Facebook account without a phone number!
- Go to a temporary mobile number provider such as SMSRecieveFree (https://smsreceivefree.com/)
- For SMSReceiveFree, you’ll need to select a country. You can select either the US or Canada for the numbers.
- You’ll need to select the phone number you’ll be using. There are only preset numbers, you cannot create another number.
- Once you’ve selected the number that you’d like, you’ll be brought to a screen showing the Phone number and the messages that the number has received (remember that the mobile number is shared with multiple people)
- Go to Facebook and use the phone number to sign up
- Viola! You now have created a Facebook account without a mobile number.
Protecting your Privacy
Using these steps, you’ll be able to take control of your privacy and protect your personal information – not just on Facebook but on every other website right now. Especially in this day and age, there are a lot of people – fraudsters and cybercriminals – that would really like to get a hold of all of the information that they can get. Ever wonder how spam emails find their way into your inboxes even if you haven’t given your email to anyone? It might be these kinds of people at work. If you’re not careful, you might find yourself with hundreds of spam emails. You also might be experiencing unknown numbers texting you for promos, and events and whatnot, and you don’t recall who you’ve given your number to. Cybercriminals and fraudsters exploiting websites might also be the case in this scenario.
In any case, it definitely helps to be extra vigilant when transacting online, even if it’s just signing up for a website. If there’s a website that you don’t trust or have hesitations in creating an account with, you can take advantage of all of these temporary and disposable mobile numbers and email addresses. They are free anyway, so why not use them? In the end, everybody simply wants to sleep easy at night knowing that their information is safe and secure.
So if you’re in doubt, just simply generate a disposable email address or use a disposable phone number and you’re good to go! Have fun and let us know in the comments if this article helped you out.